Updates to our Classroom!

Bless you for stopping by. Would you please share this post using the buttons above? Please note: this post may contain affiliate links.

Last month, I began updating our classroom (again!).  A friend of mine recently quit homeschooling and gave me two of her desks.  LOVE them!!!  We had been using a foldable 6 ft table…and it took up a lot of room.  So, I took it out, added her two desks and my Grandmother’s antique dresser (for my desk) and voila!  New room, new look and more space!!

Here is the link to my old post:  Getting Organized (on a Non-Budget).

It includes detailed pictures of our calendar and some of our storage….if you’re interested take a peak.  Here are the pictures of our updated room.
My desk is in the middle of the windows with the computer facing out.  This helps ensure everyone is being ‘safe’ on the computer.  My daughter’s desk is to the right with the blue chair (this is the one of the colors in her bedroom).  My oldest son’s desk is on the other side of the couch.  You can see his chair, not the desk (nor the mess and his dead shark!).  My youngest son’s is just to the right of the picture…you can see the top of it.

Please note, this post contains affiliate links. See disclosure for full information

Comments

1. Mama to 3 Blessings says:

Very nice! Feel free to link up to my homeschool posts: today/tomorrow – homeschool blog hop, 8/16 – link up your curriculum & 8/23 link up your school room (like this post of yours). :) enjoy your week!
    Nicole

2. Hi! Just stopping by from the Blog Hop! I love your space! I can't wait to read more about how your year goes! This is our first year homeschooling!

3. Just found your blog through Our Life In Words. Your room is beautiful! I moved my two girls into one bedroom to free up space for our learning room. We had been using our dining room and it was not working for us. Right now it does not look like much but I am organizing it this week getting ready for our lessons to start in September.

4. Very cute room! Your utilize your space so well.

5. Lora @ my blessed life says:

Your room looks great! How wonderful that you were blessed with free desks!

6. Oooo pretty! What an inviting space :)

7. Rebecca (me!) says:

Everyone, thank you for your kind comments. We do like this space…it is an ad-on by previous owners. We were very blessed to receive free desks….very thankful for others helping us and pray we are a blessing to others, as well!! Thanks for stopping by…come back again, soon!

8. Jacquelin says:

Thanks for letting me take a peek into your home, what a great space you have! I love the lighting in your space and your desk. Have a great year!

9. Jen@Scrapingirl says:

Very wise being "safe" with the computer. :) I like the wide openness of your space.

10. Your desk is very pretty. Quite a neat space. Thanks for sharing.

11. Looks great! I hope you have a great year!

~Lynn

12. You have a lovely room!!! I'm loving those two big windows!!

Thanks for sharing!! ;)

13. rawbanana says:

I love the big windows in the room-so cheery! thanks for sharing your space =)

14. Mama to 3 Blessings says:

Thank you for linking up to my Show me your homeschool link up!Come back next week & link up to my Show & Tell link up – link up your favorite homeschool lesson (artwork, craft, lapbook, etc – whatever you choose!) Enjoy your week!
    Nicole

15. Melissa + Tiffany @ Home Grown Families says:

You have a great space! It's so open and light!
    We're following you now!
    Tiffany

16. Rebecca (me!) says:

Thanks for stopping by!
    Nicole, I'll have to work on that one…..hmmm….

Melissa&Tiffany, thanks for stopping by and following!

Blessings,
    Rebecca

17. amy2blessings says:

Hi,
    Very nice schoolroom, its nice to see that others use there living space too.
    I'm your newest follower.
    Have a blessed day.
    April

18. Giggly Girls says:

Lovely room! The one thing I really want in our school room, besides a new paint job, is a comfy couch. We'd need a bigger room first though. LOL