One WHOLE year without Sinus Infections!

Bless you for stopping by. Would you please share this post using the buttons above? Please note: this post may contain affiliate links.
My husband and I have spent most of our adult lives…experiencing at least two horrible science infections PER YEAR!  Not this year, it has been ONE FULL YEAR!

What have we changed?  Our food…mainly, our bread.  One year ago, I decided to ‘do the home school thing’…we began milling our wheat and baking bread.  (We also began ordering our meat and frozen veggies from Blue Ribbon Foods and joined a fruit/veggie co-op from Nature’s Garden…and my grocery budget for the month is less than $400/month!)

Go ahead, roll your eyes (smile).  I did too, the first time I heard about a friend who ground her wheat and baked her bread.  But…then, I began asking questions and reading about it.  I do that…I ask questions.  Sometimes too many questions.  But, questions lead to knowledge and knowledge to wisdom….hmmmmm….Solomon knew a few things, right!?

You see, the bread you purchase at the grocery store does not have wheat germ and many other NATURAL nutrients God gave us in wheat, which you need to really clean out your insides…and provide many essential vitamins for your body.  So…when they are not cleaned out and full of natural vitamins, it backs up to your sinuses (gross, huh?)

(Think about it…do you remember hearing so much about sinus medications on television? The health problems we have now…will be nothing to what they will be in another 20 years, as we rely more and more on processed food.)

DO you know what else causes it?  All of the stuff building up in your gut and anti-acids people are taking due to poor nutrition.  The gases from your stomach are supposed to help clean your sinuses, as well.  But, when those gases are depleted due to medication, your body can’t take care of it’s self.

So, we have a WonderMill Grain Mill and a Zojirushi Breadmaker.  It takes me about 15 minutes to grind my wheat and place all of my ingredients in the bread machine.  That wonderful machine does all of the work.  Sunday, I put everything in, set the timer…and what a wonderful way to return home…with warm, fresh and nutritious bread waiting!
Electric Wondermill Whisper Mill the Worlds Best Grain MachineZojirushi BB-CEC20 Home Bakery Supreme 2-Pound-Loaf Breadmaker, Black

No, I’m not Martha…and I’m not Mary.  I’m just an ordinary Mom trying to make this world a little better for my family.  We have seen a huge impact in our health thanks to these two items.  I’m stretching my mind and building my abilities with baking….pie crusts, cakes, cookies……I can not tell you how yummy they are when using good, nutritious ingredients…that you won’t find at the grocery store.

So, take some time….read some books about wheat…and it’s benefits for your family.  I promise, you will be grateful!

Rebecca

Note:  I am not a nutritionist.  I have researched information re: wheat and other products for well over three years.  This post is my opinion…and is based on that research and the changes I have noted in my family over the past year.  This has brought me to a new understanding of eating…what God has created, not what man has created.  (The yummy loaf of bread above….baked while we ate dinner and tucked the children in!)  This post contains affiliate links

Please note, this post contains affiliate links. See disclosure for full information

Comments

1. Hubby and I have often talked of 'grinding our own grain' to bake bread…but honestly it seemed so *hard* that I whimped out.

I'll be sending him a link to your post…You have given us the tools we need to make it happen!

;D Visiting from the HHH!

2. LaughingLioness says:

What a blessing to be rid of sinus infections! I'm so glad that you found a solution that worked! I agree with you about the food situation. It's concerning.

3. We've moved closer and closer to natural foods as well for similar reasons. God's plan is better for our bodies – imagine that! :D

4. Mommy of 3 says:

Rebecca,
    This is very interesting. My Ash has many, many medical conditions that we have been dealing with since her birth. One problem she has had is super, thick, glue like mucus that backs up in her nose, throat, and airways. I am very interested in learning more about wheat and it's health benefits. I lam also going to check out Blue Ribbon Foods. I am hoping they are out on the West Coast. When you order, do they deliver to your home, or do you have to pick it up. What wonderful information! This comes at a great time for us as my Ash is coming off many bad infections since New Years Eve. We are having a hard time keeping her healthy right now. The Doctor's have also loaded her up on antacids. Three different kinds. Anyway enough rambling, thank you so much for sharing! Have a blessed day.

Kimberly

5. My husband made his first wheat bread this weekend and my girls said they will never eat bread from the supermarket again!!!

His mom used to grind her own wheat…maybe this is something we should look into!

6. It's nice to see how someone made the transition. There's so much more to the food supply than we think. Stopping by from the hop.

7. HI!

I wanted to answer your questions.

Blue Ribbon…not sure if they deliver to your side of the country, but you probably have a company that is similar. Yes, they deliver to me….every six months!

My daughter had horrible allergies as a child. She was on zyrtec..you name it. She was always congested and chocking on it. GROSS. She used to have black lines under her eyes all the time. Now, she takes a tsp of honey every other day (or when we remember it) and eats her bread. No more problems….amazing. God has given us what we need…..we just have to use it the way he created it! There is a lot out there…choose wisely and look on ebay and other ways to buy the grinder/baker for less than retail. That's what I did….and I spent less than half of the Retail price! Blessings!

8. I've always wanted to be one of these moms who bakes her own bread and all that. Unfortunately I hate to cook and I can't have gluten. I know I could learn to bake gluten free bread, but again- I hate to cook. Sigh. Oh well.

Glad to hear it's working for you and thanks for stopping by my blog! :-D

9. We have that exact mill. Until I actually heard from several friends how easy it is, I was intimidated by the thought of grinding our grain. For six months now we have enjoyed fresh bread. We aren't consistent enough with it (still use store bread for sandwiches) to see all of the results we have read about, but I know it is helping us.
    Thanks for visiting my blog, I do already see similarities.

10. Dawn @ Two-Handed Mommy says:

VERY interesting! I do bake my own bread (for cost as well as health reasons) but don't grind my own flour. We live in rural northern Canada where there really are very few options like Blue Ribbon and organic co-ops that you mentioned. :( I love where we live but sometimes there are 'big city' amenities I wish we had! :)

Visiting from the HHH!

11. Chic Homeschool Mama says:

Rebecca- I do believe the Lord brought us together today! Thank you so much for visiting my blog today which lead me back to you. My husband & I have been discussing making our own bread for a while now & today for the first time in many many years I decided to make a few loaves- I actually have the dough rising right now :) I never really thought about the sinus issue & I am very intrigued by milling & doing more with that. Thank you so much for this post & I think we may try this sinus reliever ourselves.

12. I baked bread without milk in a bread machine for DD when she could still have wheat. I haven't tried anything since then. I wouldn't even know where to start. Honestly, though, she probably eats healthier than the rest of us because she can't have wheat!

I'm really proud of all your hard work and the benefits you're seeing in your family. I may have to do more reading and research myself and see what I can figure out with our dietary restrictions. Thanks for the inspiration!

~Jennifer

13. SocialStudiesSoubrette says:

I know a few other folks who are trending towards only "whole" foods. One has chronic pain disorder and she says when she doesn't eat processed food her pain is decreased. There must be a correlation. Thanks for sharing!

14. Honey and Pappy says:

Thanks for sharing. Do you bake your own sandwich bread? What type of book did you read to get educated about wheat benefits? Thanks – Cindy

15. SO thankful for this post! I have REALLY been wanting to start using the bread machine that we got 8 years ago and has been gathering dust!! LOL I haven't given any thought about grinding my own wheat, but CERTAINLY will be looking into it! We do add wheat germ to the kids' peanut butter, but that's it LOL. We all have allergies, so anything that will help with those are GREAT!! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I am a new follower ;)

16. Amy Friendlyshoe says:

Hi! I am curious on what the health benefit is for taking a tsp. of honey a day?

17. Do you mind sharing your bread recipe that you use with your bread machine?

I have the mill and the bread machine.