And The Winner Is…..
Please check your email for details and thank you to everyone for lifting Anita in prayer!
This past summer, I introduced you to my friend, Anita. I am blessed to know her…. We are in the same homeschool group and attend the same church. It is wonderful to see her…and spend moments chatting with her. I wish I could say we are really close. But, the truth is, outside of those two areas, reading her blog, her devotional…and sending emails back and forth….our lives do not cross.
But, my heart has gone out to her and her family. We have a gentle friendship….growing in the love of Christ.
Thinking back to this past summer…I see God’s hand at work….you see…. shortly after Anita was the Guest writer on my blog for 4 days,she launched her new devotional for homeschool Moms and…then she was diagnosed with Ankloysing Spondylitis. Does that sound familiar? Yes, it is the same thing Sara – Gitzen Girl had. I learned of Anita’s diagnosis…shortly before I began reading Sara’s blog.
I have not shared this….as Anita had not truly gone public with the information. I have been torn by pleading with her….to open her prayer base up…..and on Sunday, she wrote this BEAUTIFUL post….Choosing Thankfulness.
Would you please, while you are reading this…lift Anita and her family up. Lift up the many families who are helping her with her daily needs…. She is still homeschooling. Her children and husband still need Anita…..her struggles are real…. but, here’s the thing. Every time I have been around Anita….she has been full of peace. Yes, she has her moments….but, her love of God is real….and she shares her struggles…but, not with her head down…and not with it lifted high, as if she is above the pain….but, just real….
And….she does not know I am doing this…if you are looking for a present for a Homeschool Mom….purchase Anita’s book…. You would be blessed to have one in your home…and it would be a true blessing to any Mom you give it to. Books are great gifts….they never need batteries…and they are always there when you need them!
You can find Anita on:
This post…is not a review, but I want to do something special….for you and for Anita. I am going to send out a copy to one of you…..who is selected to win the contest below.
How to enter this giveaway:
(leave a separate comment on this post for each entry)
- Leave a comment on this post sharing your interest in this book.
- Share this giveaway with your facebook friends by clicking on the “share” button at the bottom of this post.
- Tweet about this giveaway: I just entered to win a Devotional Book for #Homeschool Moms by @AnitaMellott from @MomsMustardSeed http://is.gd/sk5Bph
ADDITIONAL GIVEAWAY INFO
• This giveaway will close at 11:59 PM EST on December 16, 2011.
• All entries posted after December 16, 2011 will be invalid.
• No more than 3 entries per person (required entry + the 2 extra entries) will be accepted.
• All entrants MUST be at least 18 years of age or older.
• I will randomly select the winner using “And The Winner Is…” WordPress plugin and will announce the winners within this post sometime after December 16, 2011.
***This giveaway is open to US Residents only***
Please note, this post contains affiliate links. See disclosure for full information