And The Winner Is….
Please Check your email for details and thank you to everyone for entering!
Are you ready to Flash Forward to a new time when your 17 year old son can fly a space craft to another planet in hyper flight? I have to admit, Sci-Fi…has never really been my ‘thing’…but, my recent discovery of Brock Eastman’s book TAKEN (the first in a series with the next one scheduled for May) in the Quest for Truth Series.
This book will capture your imagination (oh, wait, it’s supposed to be for children, but, really I enjoyed reading it along with my 10 yr old son!) as you meet the Wikk family. Four Children: Twin Boys (11 yo: Austin and Mason ), One girl (13 yo: Tiffany) and oldest Boy (17 yo: Oliver) recently retrived from boarding schools and military academy by their parents. They are busy on their ship…preparing for a new adventure with their parents, who are archeologists.
Oliver, the oldest son, becomes worried and upset with their parents, when they are late for their rendezvous. He leaves their ship to find their parents at home…being held by the Ubel’s a group he is not familiar with. On the table where his parents sit is a book…something he is not familiar with. All of the books (in their futuristic time) have been destroyed…and there..on the table is a leather bound book….that seems to be the topic of conversation.
Oliver considers trying to save his parents, but is almost taken hostage, himself. He narrowly escapes, makes it back to the spaceship…and heads off on the adventure with his two brothers and sister….as their parents are left with the Ubel’s.
The children follow the course already set for their parents…for a planet they have never been to. A planet that is only a few days away from a year long ice storm…that will hold all of it’s inhabitants hostage. Oliver and Tiffany leave the twins, Austin and Mason….on the ship alone. The twins…are not as responsible as their older brother and sister…and soon themselves hostages of the Blauwe Mensen (blue people).
This book is full of adventure and intrigue. Throughout the book, you begin to understand that the children have never been introduced to God. They pray (without knowing they are praying) and receive peace and assistance through those prayers. The ‘book’ in reference, you begin to understand…is the Bible…the lost link…that many in the story are looking for: the beginning and creation of mankind. The Blauwe Mensen…have apparently been able to maintain a beautiful library, as you catch glimpses of the boy’s time with them…and….may perhaps hold answers that everyone is looking for.
Will the children escape the planet in time? Will they be reunited…as both Tiffany and Oliver search for their parent’s benefactor and the twins are held hostage by the Blauwe Mensen. Me, I’m not going to spoil this adventure for you. I read it in three sittings and did not want to put it down…and now, I am anxiously awaiting the next in the series, which is due out in May.
As a side note, I love the way Mr. Eastman creates new words and has a very descriptive glossary in the back of the book!
- Watch a trailer of the book….here is the link, I promise…it will capture your interest and the interest of your readers: TAKEN
- Read a chapter of the book: HERE
- Other books, such as Imagination Station and Howl Sage (By Brock Eastman) are available: HERE
TAKEN is available for $11.99 or you can enter below to win a copy for you or someone on your gift list!
How to enter this giveaway:
(leave a separate comment on this post for each entry)
- Leave a comment on this post sharing your interest in this book.
- Share this giveaway with your facebook friends by clicking on the “share” button at the bottom of this post.
- Tweet about this giveaway: I just entered to win TAKEN by @bdeastman from @MomsMustardSeed http://is.gd/03N195
ADDITIONAL GIVEAWAY INFO
• This giveaway will close at 11:59 PM EST on December 17, 2011.
• All entries posted after December 17, 2011 will be invalid.
• No more than 3 entries per person (required entry + the 2 extra entries) will be accepted.
• All entrants MUST be at least 18 years of age or older.
• I will randomly select the winner using “And The Winner Is…” WordPress plugin and will announce the winners within this post sometime after December 17, 2011.
***This giveaway is open to US Residents only***
**Disclaimer: I received a free copy of Taken in exchange for my honest opinion. No other compensation was received.Please note, this post contains affiliate links. See disclosure for full information