Not long ago, the children and I made a fun little crab for a friend….using these directions.
I thought it would be fun to share it with you!
- Egg Carton
- Red Paint
- 4-6 Red Pipe Cleaners
- Googly Eyes
- Hot Glue Gun
1. Cut off the part of the egg carton that holds the eggs and paint it red
2. Cut pipe cleaners (you can use one and cut it into 4 or cut two into 2 pieces. (we used two pipe cleaners and cut them in half for LONG crab legs) Glue them to the underside…4 on each side.
3. Cut one of your Pipe Cleaners in half. Fold it in half and twist until you are almost at the end. Stop twisting and separate them for ‘pinchers’. Glue them to the front…one on each side (left and right)
5. Cut two very small pieces from one of your pipe cleaners and glue them to the ‘eye’ area…
6. Add your Googly Eyes
7. Make an army of crabs or just one. Oh, for the felt – I did not take a picture, but, I cut out enough to cover the bottom of the egg carton so it would not show on the legs. Our friend attached them to the wall. Without the felt, it would have been difficult to do that
I think they turned out kind of cute, what do you think? What have you made lately?
Please note, this post contains affiliate links. See disclosure for full information