Not long ago, I shared a little picture with you about our Dinosaur Eggs – You can catch up on that HERE…
Today, I am ready to share them with you…the full blown story and how you can make them. Helping you have a little fun in your home with arts and crafts….and your children!
A couple of years ago, a friend of mine gave me this cute book: Jumbo Book of Basics -For Kindergarten. It’s a fun book with cute activities for a great year of kindergarten. Alas, I have failed to use it very much…but, now that my little guy is really starting to show some interest in learning, I’ve been pulling it out more.
Recently, I came upon this REALLY cute and fun way of making Easter Eggs…though, they are not just easter eggs, they are BIG Dinosaur Eggs made out of Paper Mache.
And…I’m going to share the steps with you here!!!
- a pot
- newspaper – cut into one-inch strips
- acrylic pray
First, blow up some balloons
- Make your Paper Mache Paste – HERE is the recipe I used
- Dip the strips of paper into the paste, scrape most of it off and wrap it around your balloons (covering the balloon with at least two layers
- Allow your dinosaur eggs to dry…. And…it may be helpful to find the Mommy Dinosaur to take care of the eggs…. Too much paste will take the eggs a LONG time to dry…so a little extra protection is never a bad thing!
- Once they are dry…Paint away!
- Let your eggs dry again, spray them with an acrylic spray….and display them in a fun and festive way. My Mom gave me this HUGE Lead-glass Punch bowl a few months before she passed away….I mean…it’s gigantic and I have never used it. BUT, I thought it would be perfect for our Dinosaur Easter Eggs –
WE had a ton of fun making these…the best part was making them with friends.
What have you made lately?
Please note, this post contains affiliate links. See disclosure for full information