Popped Wheat Berries
I have shared how simple I like to keep things…and I’m going to share a simple snack my children love….and I know it’s healthy for them. What is it? It’s Popped Wheat Berries! Popped Wheat Berries are so easy to make and I am so thankful for a friend who shared the idea with me. I can’t wait to share it with you!
- Hard Red (aka winter) Wheat Berries (these are best, but you can use Hard White, as well)
- Olive or Coconut Oil
- Fresh Garlic
- Favorite seasoning
- Saute your garlic in the oil
- Add your Wheat berries and seasoning
- Cook them on warm until they are a golden brown
- Pour them onto a plate covered with a paper towel
- and SERVE!
This is a super easy, yummy and nutritious treat!!! Enjoy!
Sharing this yummy treat at Try a New Recipe and Kids In the Kitchen….will you join in and share yours?