One of our favorite soups is Potato Soup.
Honestly, I never make it quite the same….I use ingredients we have at home and generally, I keep all of our favorite ingredients stocked, so that is a big help….especially since I keep most of my recipes simple and easy – but very yummy!
- Onion (1/2 small)
- Celery (2 stalks)
- Chicken Broth (4-6 cups)
- Garlic (to taste)
- Salt/Pepper (to taste)
- Bacon (5 pieces cut in half)
- Potatoes (8-10)
- Buttermilk (or half/half) (1-2 cups)
- Chop Celery and onion
- Sautee Celery and onion
- Peel Dice and Boil your potatoes in Chicken Broth – along with your sautéed celery, onion, salt, pepper and garlic
- Fry Bacon (add 1 tsp or more oil to your chicken broth/potatoes)
- Add one or two cups of buttermilk to your potatoes Once they are soft
“Mash” your potatoes…until the soup is thick, but you don’t want mashed potatoes. Add more broth or some milk to keep make it soupy, not mashed potatoes…
Add some sour cream and bacon to the top of your soup in a bowl..
For left overs, take some ham, chop it and add it to the soup for yummy ham and potato soup!~
What are you cooking today?
This is Printer Friendly – select on ‘printer friendly’ icon below…and add this recipe to your family recipe album.