We have had a busy home for the past two weeks. It has been fun, busy and well, flat-out amazing.
Grandma was here and a dear friend from Florida came to attend a conference in the city. While she was here, we were blessed to spend 5 days with her daughter…and I even had a couple of days with my friend, which was awesome.
Anyway, my friend…well, she’s gluten-free. And I’ll admit, I had a panic attack right before they arrived. I felt I was prepared, but was I really? I mean, we don’t buy a lot of pre-packaged food. However, I do use all freshly ground wheat and I had not purchased anything special for our breads.
Well, it turns out, I was pretty much prepared. I made very few adjustments to our meals and it was wonderful.
One night, we were late getting in and I needed something FAST.
While we were busy playing or doing something, I cooked some rice and browned some hamburger meat and it turned out fabulous…so, here it is….I think you’ll like it. It’s fast, easy….gluten free and frugal!
Gluten Free Hamburger and Rice for Dinner
- Rice (I use organic brown)
- red cooking wine
- Prepare your rice
- Brown your Hamburger with the onion
- Pour in your red cooking wine (as much/little was you want)
- Allow the hamburger to simmer and soak up your herbs/red cooking wine
- When the rice is ready, mix it in with the hamburger — do not stir for too long or you’ll end up with a gooey mess
- Serve this with a salad or other veggie and I promise, all of your children will love it!
What are you serving for dinner?
Please note, this post contains affiliate links. See disclosure for full information