I have to say, I am really excited about 2014. I did not think I would be, but I am. We are experiencing major changes in our home as we (my husband and I) and our children grow a little bit older. Honestly, I’ve been resisting those changes. But, now I’m grabbing on tight and looking forward to this new part of the journey and I can’t wait to take you along with me! So, today, I want to share a few announcements, my 2014 goals.
I will admit, I have never written my goals down – but, Crystals’ book: Say Goodbye to Survival Mode: 9 Simple Strategies to Stress Less, Sleep More, and Restore Your Passion for Life, as well as a few key conversations with my friend Toni have helped me to remember how important this is….
- Read Bible daily (I will read through the Bible front to back again this year)
- Complete the following Bible Studies (I may add more)
- Read 3 books every month
- Find a sitter and implement 1 date night every other month with my husband
- Create a schedule that includes spending 20 minutes per day with each of my children that does not include anything related to their education.
- Call my Brother/Dad 3 times per week
- Schedule a get together with my friends every other week.
- Walk 2 miles on Monday, Wednesday and Friday
- Use my work out videos on Tuesday and thursday
- Jump on our trampoline 30 minutes Mon-Friday with my children
I am launching a new podcast on January 23rd. My amazing community on facebook requested it and after many months of prayer, I am excited to announce – Rejoicing Daily at The Ultimate Homeschool Radio Network. You can read all about the show and my special guests HERE.
I will be leading two prayer sessions at Real Refreshment Retreat for Homeschool Moms this year. So, I will be in Atlanta (Feb 21-22) and Baltimore (March 7-8). I would love to see you there!
My family is growing and I am experiencing some changes in homeschool I had not contemplated. Our depth of study is growing as concepts being learned become more complicated. While my children are growing into independent learners, they are all at very delicate ages right now. My youngest is fine-tuning his reading skills and my older two are entering into the age when discernment is key. That means, my time will be more limited here, but I love spending time with all of you and have received your emails and messages about missing my writing. So, I am making a commitment to writing when God places something on my heart to share.
Ultimate Resources for Moms When I read this post, I realized I needed to continue the Ultimate Mom Resources for all of you. However, hosting a weekly link up is not possible right now. So, I have created a new pinterest board and have invited a lot of my friends who are also focused on providing Moms with fantastic resources.
I have scrapped most of our curriculum from the beginning of the year and am moving over to utilizing Ambelside. I love most of the schedule but, I will make the following changes:
- We will use Mystery of History for our core history reader
- I will remove most of the fantasy/greek god literature. My children do not need to read a lot about that topic. They need more of our living God and not become infatuated with pagan Gods. This is something my husband and I are very keen on and base this decision on the many times the Old Testament shares about the pagan gods that were allowed to remain in the region. Now, we won’t ignore it fully, we will cover it a little – but I see no need in dragging it out beyond a general discussion
- Science – we will continue to focus on materials from Apologia and Answers in Genesis for the basis of our science and nature studies. Again, too many moments spent studying evolution based material (that throws God out of being the true creator) goes against our core beliefs as well. (yes, they will learn about evolution, but it will not be in the core of their education)
(Yes, Cindy, you can laugh now. For those who don’t know – she wrote this article specifically for me. She’s such a good friend – teaching and growing my heart in love and wisdom – NOT feeding into the emotional side of things)
Are you making changes and writing down your goals?