Sorry. Did it make you uncomfortable?
The world seems to be ok with sex – it’s all around. It’s on (almost) every app, television show, billboard it’s all around. (disclaimer – I can’t say ‘every’ because there might be ‘one’ out there I’m not aware of…) But, it can still be uncomfortable to talk about.
So – we need to take it back for what it is.
A gift from God.
Period. End of Story.
I mean, they haven’t grown up on a farm where animals are reproducing everywhere. They have grown up in a home where we have hit the hard topics head on (especially since the local school system wanted to give them a sex ed talk in kindergarten before we started homeschooling.)
Sorry, had to digress a little there.
Even though we have read the Bible (haven’t left out the wars, sex and violence), have had ‘the talk’ and gone on our weekend trips to get down to the nitty gritty – they still get a little squirmy.
At any rate – here’s the point to this post – some things are just uncomfortable, until we turn our hearts and minds to truth. So, that is what you have to do for yourself and your teenagers. That’s what I’m really focusing on here… not just about sex, but everything.
Oh, we aren’t perfect. I’m definitely not. But, I want to be the one to help my kids learn how to grow through these years. I don’t want to keep them from growing and learning, but there are some things that they should talk about with their parents first… so, let’s start
Have the Sex Talk
- Talk about Sex with your kids.
- Don’t let
the devilANYONE take away this beautiful gift (because he likes ‘trying to pervert’ anything God created)
- Let them know it is a gift from God
- Give them Biblical truths
- Use some good products focused on God’s truth to help you
Great Products to Help
- Free Printables
- God’s Design for Sex (we have used these)
- Passport 2 Purity (we have used this)
- The Talk (Read Amanda’s review here)
Fantastic Bible Verses (KJV)
- And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him. Genesis 2:18
- And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Genesis 1:28
- And the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. Genesis 2:21-22
- Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh. Genesis 2:24
- What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? 1 Corinthians 6:19
- Flee also youthful lusts: but follow righteousness, faith, charity, peace, with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart. 2 Timothy 2:22
- Marriage is honourable in all, and the bed undefiled: but whoremongers and adulterers God will judge. Hebrews 13:4
- He hath made every thing beautiful in his time: also he hath set the world in their heart, so that no man can find out the work that God maketh from the beginning to the end. Ecclesiastes 3:11
Please note, this post contains affiliate links. See disclosure for full information