|Photo Courtesy of freefoto.com|
(John 21 15-17)
What was Jesus talking about?……..Being Missional.
Last week, my Discipleship group was discussing the sanctity of Life…and how we need to not only think of the unborn baby, but also widows,orphans, poor, needy….anyone oppressed.
My children and I have served in a soup-kitchen, helped children at a low-income school….but, how do I teach them and maintain their safety?
I received the answer.
This is a fun/easy to read book that provides you with 52 weeks of devotions to read with your children at home or in a group setting.
Each week, you are provided with an overall topic.
Within each topic you are provided with:
- Missional Challenge(includes a Bible Verse)
- Making It Real: Gets down to business helping your child understand the verse through an easy to read explanation!
- Prayer: Easy to read prayer to pull everything together and inspire the children to move forward with what they have learned
- Making It Stick: Recommendations on inviting others in, activities or conversations to have with the children
- Making It Personal: Another activity that makes the lesson personal to each child
- Making It Home: Great suggestions for the children to do at home with your/their family (depending on where this is being used)
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. We began reading it with our children this weekend and will make a habit of reading it together on Saturdays. This will give us an opportunity, each week,to begin living missionally with our children.
Now, for the great news. Mitizi Eaker has offered to send one of my readers a copy of this sweet book! What does it take to enter?
Giveaway Guidelines/Entry Information
1) Leave a comment and (please include your email so I know how to contact you)
2) Only one entry is required
3) For More Entries: (leave a comment for each and including your email)
- Follow Mitzi’s Site
- Follow Mitzi on Twitter
- Like Mitiz on Facebook
- Follow Mom’s Mustard Seeds
- Follow Mom’s Mustard Seeds on Twitter
- Follow Mom’s Mustard Seeds on Facebook
- Post this on your Facebook Page
- Tweet about this giveaway
Giveaway will be based on comments made before midnight, Tuesday April 26th, 2011.
This Giveaway is listed at The Hip Homeschool Moms Giveaway day! Drop by and join the fun!